Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Entered Apprentice

I recieved my Entered Apprentice degree in freemasonry on March 19. After working a full day in the lab and making it home in time to shower and dress, I made it to the lodge in time for dinner. There were members of several different lodges there as apparently an EA degree is a pretty special thing that is spread across the region. I was one of two that night and my grandfather and uncle drove an hour to see it. The WM, at my other uncle's request, allowed me to go first so that my grandfather could get back home at a decent hour. I was at once shocked and amused at the similarities to my fraternities ritual but also surprised by the differences. I realized at the end that actually very little had been explained to me. I will not go into the ritual here except to say that I was nervous for nothing.
It then fell upon me to learn a bit about the unwritten ritual with the aid of the brothers on intruction nights once a week. The WM also invited me to come over to the Scottish Rite to learn the question and answer sequence I would have to learn before I could advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment